Walter Lynn Mosley Landscape Class
NEXT CLASS:Cherry Hill, overlooking the Lake near Bow Bridge, Central Park: Monday, June 25, 5PM-Sunset
8 Sessions in June
New York City – June 4-June 27, 2018.
We will meet at different locations in NYC on Mondays and Wednesdays.
In case of rain, alternate days will be assigned on Saturday.
Refer to the web page for ALL updates on time and location for the next class.
…………… email@example.com 347 530 9397 ……………
I will be sharing principles of landscape painting from Frank Vincent Dumont (which are nicely summarized in Carlson’s Guide to Landscape Painting) handed down from my teacher, Frank Mason.
Oil as well as watercolor are welcome, but indeed any medium is acceptable, it’s the principles after all that we are focusing on.
I’ve provided a little info here about equipment and working out of doors, plein air. A pencil and a sketchbook are all you need to study nature out of doors, however to paint one can step up from there but for getting around NYC, saving weight and bulk is going to go a long way toward making the experience much more enjoyable than it would be if you were lugging around tons of material and a heavy easel. One can use a French Easel or a portable outdoor easel made by a variety of manufacturers but I’ve pretty much abandoned that for the more convenient set up of using a pochade box which attaches to a camera tripod and then a backpack with the few other items I need. For more detailed info on equipment suggestions click here.
- Dates and Locations (call 347 530 9397 if you have trouble finding us)
- Gapstow Bridge, southeast section of Central Park: Monday, June 4, 8AM-12PM
- The Mall, southern end of the mall by the Shakespeare statue, Central Park: Wed, June 6, 8AM-12PM
- Carl Schurz Park, overlooking East River from 86th St. entrance: Monday, June 11, 5PM-Sunset
- Harlem Meer, southeast portion of the lake not far from Conservatory Garden, Central Park: Wednesday, June 13, 8AM-12PM
- Nelson A. Rockefeller Park, the very west end of Chambers St: Monday, June 18, 5PM-Sunset
- Belvedere Castle, near King Jagiello statue/monument, Central Park: Wednesday, June 20, 8AM-12PM
- Cherry Hill, overlooking the Lake near Bow Bridge, Central Park: Monday, June 25, 5PM-Sunset
- Hudson River Greenway, near 79th Street Boat Basin on the Hudson River: Wednesday, June 27, 5PM-Sunset
The locations can be found on the map, click on the marker for info.